Thursday, December 30, 2010

a year.

January.

Isaiah 1:17 - learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.

Why do I feel like I'm doing none of those things right now?

It has been surprisingly difficult to put a plethora of complicated emotions into words. The current job has seemingly overwhelmed my entire life and pushed most of my other creative brainchildren to the side for the moment. I am trying not to forget them by constantly reminding myself that they are merely paused...not eliminated forever.
Unfortunately, the calendar reveals that January will be a hostile month for creativity, as I have one day off in the entire month (do people with regular jobs really get two days off every week? unbelievable!). I am not complaining...just bracing for the months to come. In all honesty, I am blessed to have a job where I get to work with lovely people and save some dinero for the future.

Despite a serious case of writer's block, the urge to get everything on paper (hmm...screen, perhaps?) always visits when the new year rolls around. It is such a wonderful time of year to reflect on the things that have been accomplished in the short space of 12 months, and to dream about what the next 12 will hold.

Since this brain of mine operates in pictures, I will share with you a glimpse into the pictorial world that I live in:

If this is my perpetual year, I would be a stick person who travels around and around this circle.

I am currently situated at the bottom of the circle, trying to prepare for the long climb out of winter.

To be completely honest, this upward journey is exceptionally intimidating at the moment.

That is all.

Goals to follow.....once I make them.

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting for goals, dear Claire....

    And what does the LORD require of you?
    To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly with your God.

    Act, Love and Walk...good goals.

    ReplyDelete