
"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma."
- Ephesians 5:1-2
The transition back home has been a good one. I have returned to work at Baptist on a flexible part-time basis, to allow for more time to explore new avenues of growth in the near future. I will be able to start working with a therapeutic riding facility near Nashville, as well as continue to stay connected to Oasis India while being based out of the states. I also can't wait to return to my church community here in Nashville, as well as serve them with more of my time.
Some new opportunities include a new "home-base" barn where I will be able to teach lessons/train horses, and eventually set up a rehabilitative program of my own(!!), and.....drumroll.....a possible trip to CAMBODIA in June!!!
The Cambodia trip has certainly caught me off guard, since I am just returning from overseas. But over this past year, I have learned that GOD is the one in control of my life, so I'm ready to go with the flow.
I have to laugh a little bit because it seems like God is bringing this all full-circle for me. Before leaving for YWAM, I was convinced that I would spend the three months of YWAM outreach in Cambodia. It made so much sense in my brain, because I had already been working with an organization here in Nashville with ties to Cambodia. BUT God had other plans, and it just wasn't the right time for me to go. Looking back, I am so incredibly thankful that I was able to spent those three months in India, forming life-long connections with Oasis and the people of Oasis India.
This upcoming trip will be much shorter -- only two weeks -- but I am beyond excited about this opportunity. The team will be working within long-term established ministries in Cambodia, and will do health & dental clinics, as well as possibly run a "vacation" bible school for kids. But above all, I want to go in a spirit of overwhelming love, in order to bless the people I will come in contact with.
Because of the short time-frame in which this is happening, there is a plane ticket currently reserved for me that must be paid off by Monday (which, incidentally, is my birthday!). I am asking you again to partner with me both financially and in prayer for this journey. To ensure the ticket, I must raise at least $1,000 in the next three days, then will be responsible to raise another $1,000 to cover other miscellaneous costs, including in-country costs in Cambodia, and supplies/equipment for the medical clinics. Please prayerfully consider partnering with me in this way. If you are interested in helping with the cost of this trip, please shoot me a quick email or visit my website www.ajourneyforjustice.com, there is a paypal link at the bottom of the page.
If you are not able to contribute financially but still would like to be involved in praying for this effort, PLEASE also let me know! Prayer is powerful beyond measure.
If sufficient funding does not come in by Monday, I will be content in the confidence that it is still not the right timing for me to go to Cambodia, and will look to dates further in the future.
Like I mentioned before, this was not part of my "plan" so to speak, but I serve faithful God, and I know that all things work together for HIS glory. And wherever I go, I will walk in love.
"And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love."
- 2 John 1:6
No comments:
Post a Comment